Friday, July 22, 2011

Stepping outside the comfort zone

Never thought I would take my kids and drive to Batroun and spend 2 amazing days with my sister and her three kids, without Jamil!
It all started 3 weeks ago when I made reservation for one suite in Batroun Country club (it is about 80 minutes far from Beirut)
And since it was almost fully booked, there was only one suite left, and we had to go without Jamil.


Certainly I didn’t think twice about it, until we were all in the car, heading north, and only then I was thinking: oh my God, what am I doing!
It’s been long time since I drove to North, the highway seemed scary and I was feeling something between full excitement and horror. To my surprise, it was all under control, kids enjoyed, I enjoyed, even my little baby enjoyed it!
The sun was shy, but it made it cool and I was less worried regarding Ghadi spending long time in the pool.
At the evening we had a walk around the club and Ghadi was so nice and so happy.
Thank you sis and thank you kids for this nice short vacation! It was relaxing and the valuable moments we spent together (without laptops-facebook-mobile phone) are so precious!




And one advise for you my boys,
Do NOT stop challenging yourselves
Do NEVER stop seeking new places and driving new roads
And remember that the feeling of a new experience is something you would never forget
From the simple fact of walking through a street which you never noticed before in your neighborhood,
to travelling and visiting places you’ve never heard of.

Back to my mini-holiday, I may say that I will never forget those couple days.
I can still hear the laughs of Ghadi with his cousins, I can still feel the joy.
Even Sary looked so peaceful and going well with the breeze and the soft sunrays.

No comments:

Post a Comment