Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Son wasn't invited to my Wedding!

How did it begin?
Ah I was driving ghadi to school today (a strike prevented public – and school- buses from rolling the streets-
Gahdi was somehow excited
He sat in the front seat (yes, I know it is wrong, but I prefer seeing him seated with seatbelt on in front, than having to ask him to sit down, stay away from windows, put back seatbelt in the back!)
So,  We were talking
And he asked if I’ll pick him up at noon
And I explained to him that I won’t be able to do that cuz I have to go to work
Then he said: (and here is the keyword that started all that): inti w …rof2atik?... (you and your colleagues?)
And I was like pleased to hear him picking the right word
Me: yes!
Ghadi: w min ekhwetik?
Khalto jumana w khalto hala
W min khayyik?
Khalo jihad
Ghadi: w ana w sary … wledik!... (again, proud of himself for picking the right designation!) ( sary and I are your sons)
Me: Exactly, bravo!
Ghadi: and what is jamil (he means how does he relate to me)
Me: Jamil is my husband!
Why? Because you married him?
Yes
And u had big party?
Yes
Then in a REALLY sad voice?
W ana wein kinit???????????? Leish ma shifitkon?
He was almost about to cry
And by the time I got what he was saying I couldn’t help myself and I was laughing out loud
And it didn’t help cuz still he needed an explanation!
HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment