Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Electricity Shortage Vs. Creativity!

I'm really sad to mention this, and I hope that years later, when my kids read this they won't realize what I'm talking about,
but here in Lebanon, we suffer often from Electricity shortage...
often, that is like,
three hours daily, (in Beirut)...
People living outside the border of administrative Beirut, are suffering 6 to 12 hours of
electricity shortage!
so
It has been like that since, I don't remember when!
Actually, since I was born, or maybe earlier... 
So
during the absence of electricity we have to survive without TV or DVD or Internet or other stuff!
 looking at the bright side, (the sarcastic way),
these hours have always gathered the family together!
when I used to live with my parents, we often headed to the living room, and that was the best opportunity to gather as a family, to discuss issues, to chat and to exchange tales or jokes!
yes it is that cool!
once teh electricity is back, we'd jump each to his room, to continue studying, or whatever we were doing!

sadly enough, this is still the case until this moment!
last week, we had to spend an afternoon at home with No Electricity, 
we gathered in kids'room
Ghadi was playing with his old play-gun 
and we noticed how it glowed in the dark!
We hardly noticed them during the day...
I showed him the above photo in the camera, 
then Ereka!  it was Ghadi's idea! he ran to my room, and decided we shall shoot each others while turning the gun in the air!
 and it was hilarious!
 here it goes!
we spent the next hour playing and turning the gun in the air while shooting without flash!
and the results were superb!
then it was my turn and Ghadi also took several nice shots!

Then electricity was back...
Ghadi ran to his TV
I ran to do some cooking
thinking of the next Art attack!

No comments:

Post a Comment