Thursday, March 28, 2013

About pets and decisions...

Ghadi is having great love for pets now...
every other week, he brings two little turtles from school...
and yesterday he asked for a puppy...
he said with his wide eyes full of innocence:
"I wish we could bring a little puppy, I loooove puppies..."
I gazed at him and said quietly: "unfortunately we can't bring a puppy... our house is too small, and most of all, we don't have a garden... a dog needs to be raised in house with a garden so he can feel free and he can have his own little house...-then inside my head I continued: besides, I hate dogs, and cats and all kinds of pets and don't you dream of raising any in MY house...except for a fish maybe, which we already had 2 years earlier-..."
He paused, then with all the confidence in the world he replied, probably to what I didn't say aloud:
"when I grow up_aaah, here we begin..._ and when MY son asks me for a puppy...I will buy it for him... directly..."
and I was like: "hey you big boy, are you trying to manipulate me???" that was inside my head...again...
then I stayed in control, saying with the same confidence: "then you will have to be a really brave guy, and try to get yourself a house with a garden, cuz a dog needs a garden...."
did I make my point? surely I doubt I did!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment