Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Candies!

This post is about the relationship between candies and my precious boy...
During his first 2 years, I have tried my best to keep him away from all sorts of candies/sweeties/bonbon/etc...
But as he grows up, he’s realizing that an amazing word of flavors lies behind those bright wrapped objects he sees casually at the store…
And as he is expressing a harsh personality, refusing to give kisses/hugs casually to his beloved cousins/grandpa/etc…, the above mentioned subject has become the number one-most effective way to persuade him to give a hug to nanny, to kiss grandpa, to stay calm in his trolley, to accept to sit still while I chat with my friend at a café…
Yes, we are all colluded in this, in turning him into a candy-addicted toddler!
He started with the made-in-lebanon favorites, like this creamy yummy thing, covered in crispy thin chocolate wrap, made by Ghandour.
Its name was ras el abd (slave's head) then it has been changed recently to “Tarboush” which is more correct due to claims of racism (similar to the German case where "Negerkuss" was renamed to "Schokoküsse")
Then I was curious and eager to offer him my FaVorite bonbon: the PEZ! 
And I can tell you he DID like it! 
then I tried to make him suffer the taste of some flu-candies as I call them, like the Holz, Polo, thinking that he might hate the taste and drop it…but actually he liked them as well and I even heard him crushing them between his tiny teeth!
and then he's now into all kind of unhealthy sugary teeth destroying treats (from chupa chups to mentos!)
I know, it’s not right…
Now I admit it and I am fully aware of the consequences, this is why I took the decision yesterday, to have control over this situation and to go back to dry fruits, corn flakes, healthy biscuits and fresh juice!
Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment