Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cool & stress-free visit to Dentist?

The idea of managing such a stress-free visit to the dentist is ridiculous and imaginary!
I would never be able to do that
In fact,
Many things change as we grow up
Many horrible visions and scary situations turn to be silly, minor and even insignificant!
But “going to dentist” remains “going to dentist”  
It happens every time,
Whenever I have to go to dentist, I wake up with an awful mood,
Feeling sick
unable to focus
Disoriented
My brain starts to send signals
Weird signals
Which make my heart beat faster, my knees slightly tremble, and my stomach ashes
I hated it when I was little girl
I still hate it
And I will always will
This is what I call determination!

But after second thought
We should all close our eyes, and say a little prayer thanking God that we were not born in 17th or  18th century
When the dentist tools looked like that:
 A delightful pair of forceps with the jaws made in the shape of an animal head, dating to the 17th Century

 Dental pelican. Probably French or Italian, late 17th century, made of wrought iron, 5" long overall, with its single claw mounted to a block in an adjustable slot in the frame with a winged nut.

 ‘Le sécateur dentaire’ (tooth scissors) Made and used by Paul Gresset c. 1848.

A pair of late 18th century French dental forceps for molar extractions. The unusual feature is the screw mechanism fixed to the inside of the handles which prevents the forceps closing beyond a given point and avoids fracturing the tooth.


photos via Dental History in Pictures: www.namibiadent.com


Horrifying! isn't it?
To end this post  I'll leave you with this comic strip by Graig Boldman:


No comments:

Post a Comment