Monday, July 19, 2010

Beach, Water & a LOT of Fun!


Yesterday we went to the beach with my sister and her kids...
The fun we had, or better said, the fun Ghadi had can not be written or described, it was such a hilarious day and we all enjoyed it!
Ghadi is much more courageous, he was playing alone in the pool, he climbed the ladder, jumped into the water, first with the help of my magnificent nieces and nephew, then by his own...
thanks to S., R., and R. I managed to lay down all the day, enjoying the lazy sun, watching him play, without having to run after him ALL the time!



But  I have experienced the 10 seconds no parent would love to live!
Suddenly I looked around, I didn't find him, I jumped on my feet, scanning the pool, the area, and as seconds passed (these were the heaviest seconds in my life), my heart beats were accelerating, my eyes began to experience some grey clouds as if i'm unable to see anymore, my voice disappeared, I lose sense of EVERYTHING around me and I was still scanning, until I saw him...
running along the passage separating us from the grand pool...
my niece was closer she ran and held him...he yelled that he was going to the big pool! (yes, he decided that on  the spot)...
and as I had him in my arms, I really didn't know what to do...
I was stumbling as I tried to explain (to a barely 3 years old) how important it is to inform mommy when we decide to go away, that it could be dangerous, etc... then after a while, I gave up the explanation and just held him in my arms until he got annoyed of this hug and slipped away to jump into the water...
moral of the story:
1- I would Never Ever take my eyes off him again...
2- the next time we go to the beach I'm getting him a bracelet with our name and phone number
3- Mothers HAVE inner alarms
4- Panic and related mental and physical paralysis would NOT help in such situations. We must have active hyper-dynamic brains or we lose.
Jumping, (Riad actually standing on water waiting for Ghadi ),
and...........splash!!!
This is my hero (who would suddenly decide to fly away and visit the big pool!)

1 comment:

  1. I laughed a lot with the pictures (Ghadi is suuuuper cute and the photographer is pretty gooood ) till I read the story…what a terrifying situation!

    ReplyDelete