Friday, July 9, 2010

Memories vs. dimensions!

Hearing about the  3D movies makes me think (and really think) about all this fuss of new dimension…
And it takes me back to my university years at KHB when we had to do an assignment about projecting a 2D project into a 3D presentation
My concept was about time/memory
Memory has always intrigued me and its structure is so mystic
Scientists proclaim they have deshiphered its mechanism
But still it amazes me
How a song, a perfume, a scent or even a sound may evoke hundreds of memories we thought they were buried deep in the bottom
And suddenly they come up to the surface
and we find ourselves driven by a flood of unpredicted emotions...
and we re-live the moment!

How can u measure a memory? Which dimension shall we use?
Old vs. new? So when it comes back, is it old anymore?
Big vs. small? Minor vs. major?
What if we project all our memories on a giant blank wall…
How would it look like?
What would be the dominant color?
What music shall be playing in the background?
What would be on the top?
I promise when I do it, I’ll show you the results!


1 comment:

  1. mmm...projecting all my memories in a blank wall?! interesting idea! ...but i can already imagine the messy, melodramatic result!! :P

    ReplyDelete