Thursday, October 14, 2010

when dads try to help!

Ghadi: mommy come play with me
Me (laying on the sofa in the living room after a really-long-day- and –just- preparing myself for a mini-nap): go ask daddy to play with you honey
Ghadi: No, I want You to play with me
Daddy (in an attempt to rescue me): leave mommy alone, she has pain in her back and has to lay down
Ghadi’s ears caught the word pain, his eyes are filled with tears in milli-seconds, now tears falling on his cheeks, tending his arms to me, shaking his head in denial and saying with the most sweet begging tone: “ no mommy, you don’t have pain in your back, do you??????”
And as if the whole universe will be reduced to the words I’m gonna say, as if his whole world depends on my reply, I  smile, get up, hold him in my arms saying: not anymore baby! Not anymore!!!!!

That’s what happens when dads try to help!
It ends up by mommy playing football in the corridor while daddy is watching football in the living room (with a wild smile and a spark of light on the upper  tooth----does it sound evil enough????)

No comments:

Post a Comment