Saturday, October 2, 2010

"Ghazl el Banet" in the Mall morphed into "Tasteless Cotton Candy"!

After his first experience with Ice Cream, I was so happy to see him tasting another delight: the first Cotton Candy! or "Ghazl el Banet" as we call it!




In fact, it was also MY first "fresh" cotton candy at a mall...Yes, when I was young we used to buy it from pass by vendors at Manara Corniche, and to be honest, that had a much better taste!!! this one has almost no taste at all!
Along with what we called "karabij", "grilled corn" , " ka3ket 3assriyyeh" & "Foul w 7amod", we Always bought them from street vendors and it used to be SO good!

But the weird thing is that I can not imagine my boy eating those things... from that street!
Though it was normal for us, now all this seems "Unhealthy, harmful or even risky!!!" when it comes to my boy!
Am I being unfair? should he go through same experiences I enjoyed when I was little, am I being too protective? over- protective?
I'm not sure, but what I am certain of is one thing: I still remember the taste of those yummy grilled corns!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Certainly looks like he enjoyed it. Mashallah his eyes are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete