Saturday, December 17, 2011

Fairuz Concert, a Lebanese Manifestation, a Dream comes true!

Last year I have tried my best to get tickets for Fairuz Concert... in vain.
tickets were sold in no time, and I ended up watching photos and YouTube shots (with wet eyes..ehhh)
Fairuz, the Lebanese Diva, is again in concert this year...and I acted much cleverer than the year before.
I contacted Jamil's nephew, L.K., who happens to work just beside the ticketing box office, he contacted his friends, and we managed to get two tickets... yes, two of about 3000 tickets (per night!)
We attended the Concert last night.
and I cannot even describe how I felt. I don't want to sound like i'm exaggerating, but I've been hearing her songs, plays and music for 35 years, and being able to attend her concert is simply... Something!
while she sang my favorite songs, like "Sabah w Masa" I was just floating in space, time and memory...
it was overwhelming and different than any other emotion I have ever experienced in my entire life...

Now away from this dreamlike world, and Back (with a slap sound) to the real life, I was disappointed by two things:
1- It was not well organized and the stage was not at all up to my expectations... I know, she needs no cinematographic background but surely she deserves a better setting and a better orchestra and even a better choral... 
2- She sang for relatively very short time...I mean, people came across the whole region to see her singing... she started late and finished on time!
on the way back home (a one hour car trip) I have even put her latest CD cuz i felt like craving for more of her voice!  
3- Lebanese audience is so embarrassing!
surely Not all of them, but at least 70% of the audience were applauding almost the whole time!
while the music was playing, while she sang, at every song...
I understand they are showing love and respect, but come'on...
PLEASE my boys: do NEVER applaud while a singer or a musician is playing music!
it is so irritating...
4-AND do never sing along when he/she is singing a romantic song!
the girl behind me accompanied her singing with a loud ugly voice almost all the time...
I was gonna shout out loud asking her to stop!
we wanted to hear Fairuz's voice!
these last two rules should be handed to people entering any Lebanese stage...
Too bad i know, 
but all this couldn't stop my excitement, my pleasure and the weird tickling I felt in my heart, sitting there, hearing Fairuz, LIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment