Friday, December 2, 2011

Rhythms of my life- part 1

No this is not the title of a song, but of a really long post!
I Was thinking too much lately about this crazy life
And the change I experience everyday
And I know that it is a BLESSING from God

I can not imagine myself living a routine, of any kind!
It suffocates me and brings me crazy!

And I am not gonna write about 35 years of nonstop marathon
But I would love my kids to know more about me
About this human being hovering above them day and night

So why not starting by documenting one typical day
One normal –like –any – other – day of my life now?

Then there was a mini-debate in my head…when to start
Or how to start a typical day
Does it start when I wake up?
Ha,
I wake up 10 times during the night,
Put the sheets over Ghadi (again)
Pat on Sary’s shoulder (teathing, waking up like 100 times – yes this is exagerated )
Putting food in fridge (cooked food just before we slept!)
Asking jamil to move to bed (after falling asleep on the sofa while watching TV! – his daily routine!)
And then the famous Alarm
First Jamil’s, at 5:45
Of course it is me who gets up and turns it off (in order not to wake up Sary who has just fell asleep, and otherwise it would still ring and jamil would never get up and turn it off, and still he would be able to continue sleeping!)
Anyways, MY alarm starts ringing at 5:55
Snooze
6:00
Snooze
6:05… jamiiiil, we should wake up
Snooze
6:10 ….. aaaaaaaaaaah (yawning) we should really get up
Snooze
6:20
OH MY GOD EVERYBODY GET UP WE’RE LATE
Turn off Alarm
Run to kitchen, prepare meals (ghadi, jamil, mine…)
Then waking up Ghadi (the hardest task, he’s a sleep lover = just like his mom = so proud of him :P)
After struggling few minutes and cuddling and hugging
Dressing up
Meanwhile Sary’s screaming from his bed
Running to him, changing, bottle feeding, dressing up
Trying to give Ghadi his vitamin, honey, milk, sandwich (nothing works of course)
Then jamil takes him to ride the school bus
Then jamil takes off with sary to my in-laws
And so ends the morning episode…

A typical day at work
(working, of course !,
Chitchat with sisters through email
Chitchat with best friends over the phone
I snap a call to hear jamil’s voice
I wait for ghadi’s call at noon, arrving at my mom’s, telling me super short stories in 2 seconds, (mommy, I ran in the playground, Adam pushed me, I didn’t eat my sandwish, I have a smiling face on my hand, I was sleeping in the bus, tomorrow is holiday, etc….)

At 4:00 I take off
I pass by bakery, get stuff, pass by supermarket,  get stuff, pass by library, get stuff
I arrive home 4:30
Pass by minimarket, get stuff
I go pick up ghadi from mom’s house
Amazing scene: red cheeks, bright eyes, full of energy… my heart is fueled with love and strength… the strength to survive the next episode:
The Evening’s
We go home
I prepare food, try to feed ghadi some healthy snack (fruits: running after him with a banana), try to distract him with a creative activity:
playing dough, drawing, puzzle, or we simply glue the leaves he brought from school on a piece of paper to show it to dad, who arrives home with sary at this time
Sary impatient: seeing me, and being held to car seat: two things that don’t go together
He starts struggling and I unlock the seatbelt and hold him in my arms and I see the most amazing smile in the whole world
Time for his fruit meal
I prepare it, and we sit at table all together, feeding sary, playing with ghadi, taking care of jmail’s dinner
Answering the phone, putting the laundry, talking about everything, 
And then
Playtime
Kids are so fun together now
We sit in thir room, and sary and ghadi start to play-fight-eat each other
It’s a huge fun and we are enjoying it sooo much!
Then shower time, sary, then ghadi
Sary falls asleep around 8:00
Then preparing ghadi to sleep,
Struggling for beautiful 30 minutes (the usual typical: sleep next to me, sing for me, I want to drink, I have to go to toilet, I am scared of the thunder, etc…)
And then…he falls asleep
i run to kitchen, time to prepare next day's meal, or Sary's food, cooking, freezing,etc...........................

And then comes the endless silence
And I feel I miss them both
And I hang between the two beds
Kissing them
Smelling them
Waiting impatiently for the morning to see those bright smiles again!




No comments:

Post a Comment