Thursday, December 27, 2012

Ghadi likes..."creepy stuff"

I mentioned in previous post that Ghadi is growing up quickly but I didn't elaborate about that... here are two incidents to clarify my point:

At home on Christmas day, the movie "Nightmare before Christmas" by Tim Burton was showing...
when Ghadi entered the living room, his eyes caught the eerie shape of the main character, I automatically changed the channel.
- But whyyyy did u change the channel?
- Because this movie is not for kids
- But why?
-... Because it contains creepy stuff.
- But mom! I LOVE creepy stuff!!!!!!!


While we were at the mall the other day, Ghadi insisted on going to play at the secured play area, a playground where kids can enjoy many activities and which does not require the presence of parents for children above 4 years old...
I explained that we came to the mall on a specific mission and that I have to buy some stuff and I have no time to stay with him. He agreed to enter and play on his own, which was an achievement...
many kids wouldn't go especially without a friend or a parent.
We made our shopping mission and after 50 minutes Jamil went to pick him up...
when they came back, Ghadi had an amazing tiger paint on his cheek.
Jamil then explained that when he entered the hall, he searched for Ghadi at the playground area, when he didn't find him he turned around, and there he was sitting next to other kids, waiting his turn for the face- painting, holding a bottle of water that he bought himself!
When I asked him about the bottle, he said: " I got thirsty, and I wouldn't wait for you so I went and asked the girl in charge to get me a bottle of water and told her that you will pay for it when you come!"
I don't usually get emotional but at that moment I admit I had wet eyes!




1 comment: