Thursday, February 21, 2013

Banning Nutella at home!

I brought this with me today... to office... why?
Ghadi has been staying at home for three days now.
schools are on strike, therefore he's spending part of the day with the nanny, then mom comes and picks him up for the afternoon.
usually Ghadi is allowed to have one Nutella sandwich every other day.
2 days ago he had one. yesterday he was supposed to have a labneh or cheese sandwish.
he asked the nanny to bring the Nutella Jar from the upper kitchen closet.
he asked her to open it
he took a spoon..
he asked the nanny to leave the kitchen.
she resisted a bit
then she gave it up and left him alone... in the kitchen... with the Nutella jar... and a spoon....
oooh, the creepiest nightmare (for me) the ultimate heaven (for him)
he didn't only devoured the amount he wanted... he dropped some on the floor carpet,
he tried to wipe them out with tissues... then with water...
oh the mess... I can only imagine...
when i came back, the nanny was on the edge of crying...
and Ghadi was extremely excited while explaining how the nutella flew from the spoon on th eway to his mouth, (he was telling the story with hand gestures and jumping and red cheeks...)
I couldn't but smile...
then before bedtime I explained calmly that what he did was wrong,
and that he'll be having labneh sandwich for the next couple days as breakfast and supper...
he nodded, and whispered in my ears: eh bas i said Sorry to zouzou - our nanny-
and I whispered back: eh, it's good to say sorry, but it doesn't make me forget that you did something wrong
he nodded again... and said: I know...


2 comments:

  1. Eh finally you posted something after 10 days
    I refresh the page every day hoping that I find a new blog
    It is one of my exciting moments to open it and see something written new
    Keep on my sister I like your writings a lot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts!
    *zitti the nutella Jar la hon ;)

    ReplyDelete