Thursday, April 1, 2010

"Mommy, shou isma hay?"

We were in the car 2 days ago, heading to the nursery, and ghadi was holding a small pen/fan with a tweety head,
and then he looked at me, pointed at the tweety head and asked me:
“mama shou isma hay?”

We strive for happiness, we go to the most distant places on earth, we drown ourselves in the deepest careers and we tend to grab the trails of joy with the tip of our fingers…
But believe me, this question filled my heart with a waterfall of feelings I would not even try to describe.
I suddenly felt I’m having the whole world in these few words I’ve just heard.
Mama-shou-isma-hay is not just a question; it’s a wide gate ready to open for whole new life perceptions.

But later through the day all those lovely sensations were replaced by a sudden panic when he ran to me, holding the book I’m reading now, pointing at the only figure on the inside of its back cover, saying : "mama shou hay?"
The figure shows a creepy image of a crime scene, really frustrating image…
I sighed… took the book away, and said: go play football!

You think it’s over?
Not that fast!
He seeks the book (and surprisingly finds it!) and searches for the image and keeps asking: “shoo hay mommy?”
.
.
I tore the page.
End of the story?
rather the start of a brand new stage parenting this lovely boy!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment