Monday, October 8, 2012

Ghadi is 5!


Dear Ghadi…
Last week, we celebrated your birthday…now you are five…FIVE!
Oh boy,
Too many thoughts, too many feelings…
You are transforming so fast…
Where do I begin…
Oh, maybe five years ago?



You came to this world with a big fuss!
U kicked in my tummy so hard that we never reached the ninth month!
And you are still kicking until this moment!


Since you were a baby, you used to listen to me singing baby rhymes, talking to you as a grown up companion…
You used to look at me with those big eyes…
And you never changed!


You still love to hear me talking, singing… 
and I’m still falling in love for those big wide eyes, those shiny eyes!


Your contradictions confuse me…
You have always been so calm while playing, but this year we are experiencing major changes in your personality!

You are showing more energy! Non-stop energy!
You love to run and jump and shout and yell and play…
Yet you are so cool while doing our favorite activities, painting, playing at puzzle or board games…




Your contradictions confuse me…
You have always been so calm while playing, but this year we are experiencing major changes in your personality!

You are showing more energy! Non-stop energy!
You love to run and jump and shout and yell and play…
Yet you are so cool while doing our favorite activities, painting, playing at puzzle or board games…


But the one thing I appreciate the most, Is the tenderness towards your brother and towards us!
You still refuse to show any emotions, refuse to hug, to kiss or to express your inner feelings… 


but your tears are so close, when it comes to the things that matter the most.
You love your toys, you keep them well arranged, you hate it when you break something and it brings tears to your eyes in a flash!


I can happily say we got over Macqueen and CARS2, we got over Ben10…
Now is the era of the Transformers… old them I know, but it happened that you watched it on TV, and here we are, asking for Transformer cars, robots, for the dvds, and I’m really enjoying it!
Spiderman also has a blast now!
I LOVE your daring side, you fear no heights, you love challenging activities, you can go ask anyone about their names and play happily with any child at the park. 
You make friends in no time, and call them by their names on the way back…

You are still in love with anything related to sports, you play football and imitate the shoots you see on TV… I walk into your room and I see  you watching the sports channel, this fills my heart with joy! 

I don’t know how to end this post. I could keep talking for hours about you, your loveliness, your sweet character, your tough personality, your smart attitude!
I still have to thank you.
Yes thank you for granting me the best five years of my life…
For the smiles that lighten up my days,
For the love I see in your eyes,
For the hope I feel inside my heart every time you look at me…



I am so proud of the big boy you became.
I promise that we will be spending more time together…
We will be sharing more activities…
And here comes the promise that I will never ever  break:
I will always be there for you…
Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment