Friday, October 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Ghadi!

since 4 years now, I say a statement at the same day of every year...
I declare that I will not be holding Birthday parties
until kids reach at least 8 years old...
so they would be able to appreciate the huge effort we make 
to make their day a special one...
and every year I break the promise I made to myself,
 and I start planning,
happily, joyfully and with all the excitement of the kid inside me!

Two weeks ago we celebrated Ghadi's Birthday... and to my disagreement, it wasn't at home,
but at a fast food chain restaurant, as Ghadi requested!
(I will never be holding Birthday parties outside home again!)
but it doesn't mean that the party wasn't awesome!
I was able to invite many people, more than I would have if it was at home!
Ghadi invited his friends from school, and that was so epic,
to see all those cute happy faces!

Kids had a blast being together,
and here we are,
5 years old!
School mates, cousins, neighbors! all together!

and of course I couldn't help adding my personal touch to the party...
So Ghadi chose the theme, 
he wanted an Angry Bird's Party!

I didn't need to yell and jump and dance, 
Entertainment was already part of the party program!
face Painting, 
Games, music, 
and gifts!
and surely the Birthday cake had to reflect our theme!
the spiderman cape was an unnecessary addition from the supervisor! but Ghadi enjoyed it!
throwing kisses,
even the little one enjoyed the party !
and at last, FOOD!



and before we left the clown showed up and brought Ghadi to laugh like crazy!

I was overwhelmed by the presence of all the beloved people around me
and I'm thankful for all who came and shared with us that happy evening!
on the way back!

and just before bedtime!
*it was HIS birthday, 
he was allowed to wear whatever he wanted
even if it was a disastrous combination*

Early that day, and 
as I was waking him up,
he opened those lovely eyes, smiling
and there was my gift next to his pillow...
I brought him this lovely book
I fell in love with it at the moment I saw it and the inside was just magical!

Ghadi loved it!
he was so impressed by the illustrations and contents!
it simply fills my heart with joy...joy and nothing but joy!
Happy Birthday my beloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment