Saturday, September 4, 2010

First daddy and mommy's Portraits by Ghadi!

Since Ghadi was a little boy, I have tried my best to pass some quality time with from time to time.
And for me, the ultimate would be introducing him to the world of Arts
So he began really early to hold a brush and to deal with water colors…
                                                                  
Apr 2009**

Sep 2009**

Dec 2009 (Guggenheim Exhibition- Abu Dhabi)**

Feb 2010** (Ceramics n' more- Beirut)

Apr 2010**

Last month he had to stay 2 weeks at home, because he had some infection (which we first thought it was chickenpox, then his pediatrician confirmed it’s a kind of bacteria causing chickenpox-similar symptoms, and which turned out to be just an allergic reaction to a microscopic insect that bit his skin- after a check-up by a specialized dermatologist yesterday!)
So during these weeks, I decided to make it up for him since that he was not allowed to go out ( due to abnormal hot weather, and to avoid infecting other kids)
And we did many activities, from collage, to stickers posters, to painting…
Then I bought him the washable coloring pens (which are NOT washable at all btw!)
And he was so delighted, so excited and he didn’t stop asking for them.
And to my surprise I found out that he was able to draw something like a full circle…
Then 2 days ago, he surprised me – again- and his father by pointing at his copy book, saying: look, I have drawn mama & baba!!!!!
Ok, we were like: aaaah!
And I am sure my words my sound so silly for a non-parent, but it was really a great excitement!
These words will sound much more silly when you actually SEE those sketches…
They are scary, monstrous, but come’on, it’s done by Ghadi and without ANY kind of help! we just starred at him while he delightfully drew a series of portraits of BIG dad and mom!


focus on the eyes!

amazing expressions!

mommy is the one smiling (left page) - of course!

daddy is Big!

No comments:

Post a Comment