Monday, September 13, 2010

Fitr Mobarak - 2010

This will be one of my favorite Eid mornings... I know that because it was so special.
It was special because deep inside I was happy, peaceful and relaxed.
I woke up at 6:30 hearing "takbirat al eid" from the nearby mosques...
Jamil went to pray. Ghadi was still asleep.
It was time for me, just for me... I watched the prayers on TV, I prepared the table, putting the "maamoul", chocolate, bonbons, and many kinds of sweets...
I was proud of the result, and I started to imagine Ghadi's reaction...
then he woke up, smiling, as sweet as ever, as if he felt the joy and the happiness inside me, as if it was contagious... He jumped out of his bed and we had the best morning ever, playing, jiggling, and having fun...
Then I dressed him up, surely with all new clothes, shoes, and he was just so cooperative while taking photos!
we went out, visited relatives and then to my in laws, we had the traditional Eid meal (couscous, mlukhiyeh, and other stuff)
Ghadi was overwhelmed and didn't make any fuss... He refused to take the money offered by his aunts and uncle "3idiyyeh", I smiled and said to the disappointed faces: "don't worry, next year, when he realizes what that means, he'll run to you and ask for it!"
By the sunset, he was exhausted and fell asleep, while we continued our visits and too bad he wasn't able to see the children gathered at my uncle's house, my cousins' kids, and my relatives.
The next day we took him to games park, he enjoyed and he played until he said: I wanna go home!


No comments:

Post a Comment