Sunday, May 22, 2011

Q&A

Yesterday Ghadi asked for an Art Attack, he wanted to paint with watercolors
I promised him that we’ll do that when Sary sleeps… In fact – admitting that I was a bit mean- I didn’t expect sary to sleep before Ghadi. But this little boy seems to be just like his mom: he loves sleeping and now that he is 2.5 months old, he sleeps more than 6 continuous hours through the night!
So, against my calculations, sary slept at 7… so Ghadi ran to me asking with a wide smile (which he knows that it helps his case very well): shall we start painting now?
By that time, I had to do the dishes (a mission I will b leaving soon to the –soon to be in Lebanon- housekeeper)
I told Ghadi that I still have some stuff to do in the kitchen and he insisted on standing there watching me until I finish…
And there it began… the infinite questions of a 3.5 years old!!!
They were so funny, yet dazzling cuz I always get stuck with the answers!
Example? – while washing dishes, Ghadi stepping on his toes, nose reaching the sink, eyes wide open…
he asked:
where does all this water come from?
From an underground well (easy answer- way to go mom!)
Where does it go?
Into pipes to the sea (this one wasn’t convincing)
He narrowed his eyes: but it’s all dirty water!
mmm…silence…
then asking, again: how does it go to the sea with all that dirt? (probably he was imagining all those lovely fishes swimming happily then suddenly surprised by a huge dirty flow of water!)
how?????????
Now an answer shall b given..silence isn’t enough
(thinking moment: terms like filtration or similar explanation would be simply too complicated to him…  but now I admit, I could have explained it to him but really at that time I didn’t have any energy to go through all this…)
Let’s go painting… I dropped the dishes, snapped the brushes, and we spent an amazing hour together!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! Love children's questions, they are so smart!(ok, I don't about all kids, but Ghadi's are pretty good ones! Allah isa3adeek...so far... way to go Mrs. Mom! ;D
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete