Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Day out in Tripoli!

I was still during maternity leave, and Jamil was having Ester Holiday, so he took Ghadi to the corniche, they fed the fishes, ate at Macdonalds and played with soap bubble gun, then at 2:00 as he was heading home and called me and proposed that we go to tripoli (a city one hour away from beirut, 2 to 3 hours away at weekends when high traffic blocks the highway)
I agreed directly since that i was really bored and though this would be a greater challenge then the simple park day out we did a month earlier, but I decided I would do it.
and again, I'm glad I did, cuz it was a very nice promenade. we reached Tripoli in 90 minutes. went to a small garden. Ghadi was a bit fussy, probably tired because he made the effort in the morning running and playing at cornice. but buying a  chewing gum was enough to soften his mood. (by the way, Not any chewing gum, i had one in my purse, but he insisted he wanted a specific one, so Jamil had to take him to nearest shop and got him that one).

 
 Then we ate our sandwiches, fed the ants (trying my best NOT to tranfer my fear from thsese little insects to Ghadi) so we approached a big one, observed how it moves, and I explained to him why it is bad to step on them (the thing he did to a sister ant the second he noticed it!)
and we threw some bread crumbs, and watched the ant holding it, heading to it's destination.
I went through all this trying my best to control my phobia and playing the ant-friendly-mom
until the moment when i saw ghadi coming to me, holding a big piece of bread, which was ok, but when i saw the Big Black Ant holding that piece of bread, and struggling to move to ghadi's fingers, I couldn't help myself from shouting and jumping and almost crying (surely Ghadi imitated me and did the same).
I was really ashamed of myself, but I can't help it... those little freaky insects make me panic and hope that my kids won't feel the same!
 

Sary was such a cute angel. I tried to benefit from the sunny afternoon and shoot him while he observed the world around him peacefully.

we went back at 9:00, It was a nice day and I'm so happy I managed to spend all this time out with a toddler and a newborn without troubles!
Ghadi enjoyed the playground, and Sary enjoyed sitting in the stroller.
I enjoyed being surrounded with my two kids (still the idea thrills me!) and Jamil was as usual, laziz w rayi2! (cool and relaxed).

No comments:

Post a Comment